Spring BeerFest TO starts this weekend! Tickets are now on sale, and cottage vibes are in the air! All that’s left to do is figure out are the deets… important stuff, like… how will I get there? Should I wear my flowy tank and khaki shorts or my jean jacket and summer dress with the flowers on it? Can I bring water? Will my backpack be okay? Where can I find my favourite beer? Let us help you with those answers so that you’re guaranteed to have your best Spring BeerFest TO yet! Below are the Top Tips on enjoying SBFTO…
Get Tickets to Spring Beerfest TO Saturday!
Get Tickets to Spring BeerfestTO Sunday!
Location: Fort York: Garrison Common. HERE is a map.
Saturday & Sunday Hours:
- 12:00pm – Gates Open
- 6:30pm – Last Call
- 6:45pm – Taps Off
- 7:00pm – Closed
10 – What You Can Bring…
- Valid photo ID – This is a 19+ event (a photocopy of ID does not count). Valid ID includes: Drivers License, Passport, or Ontario Photo Card.
- Your Ticket. (Best to print it out and bring with you, unless you ordered a mobile ticket)
- Bags are restricted to small purses, totes and drawstring bags only. Bag size may not exceed 14” x 11” x 5” (35cm x 28cm x 12cm), or 30 linear inches (75cm) in total, and must have no more than one singular pocket or opening.
- Comfortable Shoes
- TTC tokens / PRESTO card
- Mobile phone – to take selfies, call a cab, ‘Ubes’ or Lyft – Please enjoy responsibly, don’t drink and drive.
- Raincoat, Umbrella (check the weather before you leave home)
9 – What You Can’t Bring With You…
- Pets (We love them, but they can’t come with you)
- Children (We love them too, but they can’t come with you. This is a 19+ event)
- Any type of Water Bottle – We have FREE WATER available all weekend long through our festival Quench Buggy meant strictly for drinking. You don’t need to bring that fancy water bottle!
- Backpacks and bags with multiple pockets as well as Hydration packs are prohibited
- Large video cameras
- Selfie Sticks (seriously, are these things still a ‘thing’? lol)
- Cameras, other than for personal use
- Mobile phone charger (there is no place to plug it in)
- Water guns
- Your own glassware/bottles.
8- Should I Bring Cash?
Yep. We appreciate plastic just as much as the next person, but cash is king at the Festival. We have teams walking around (pictured) that will be selling tokens and they’ll only accept cash. We’re not saying empty your bank account, but be prepared if you want to move around quickly. ATMs will be on site. Token Booth do accept Credit Card Payments, but we always reco cash for getting ‘er done quickly.
7 – How Do I Get Tokens?
Tokens are the onsite currency. 1 token = $1. Most samples onsite are 1 token for a 4oz pour. Some brewers charge more: imports and premium brands. There are dedicated booths that sell tokens, along with mobile token teams. They will be easy to spot.
6 – Can I Bring A Backpack?
The quick answer is no… Bags are restricted to small purses, totes and drawstring bags only. Bag size may not exceed 14” x 11” x 5” (35cm x 28cm x 12cm), or 30 linear inches (75cm) in total, and must have no more than one singular pocket or opening. We’ll be using metal detector wands and searching all small bags, totes, and drawstring bags at the gate – it’s not that we don’t trust you, it’s just how it goes! You’ve all been to events before and witnessed someone giving security a hard time over searching their belongings. The reason we do it is not because you’re a criminal, but because we want everyone to be safe and have a great time.
5 – What If I Want To Drive?
Don’t drive! It’s a Beer Festival and chances are you’ll be enjoying some beverages. Please enjoy the convenience of the TTC, a cab, an Ubes or even a Lyft. Yeah, we said Ubes. Just no drinking and driving whatsoever. If you are the DD, here’s some parking info: we do not have designated parking for the festival. We recommend finding Pay Parking in Liberty Village or City Place, or just avoiding driving altogether, if that’s an option for you.
4 – Great Beer is Great Beer
There will be a bunch of different brews to try. HERE is the list of breweries that will be at #SBFTO 2019.
3 – Bring Your Appetite
The food purveyors we have this year are second to none. HERE are some of them!
2 – Game On!
Archery Tag. Bocce. Giant Jenga. Giant Chess. HERE is the full list with pics!
1 – Drink Water & Dress for the Weather
Seriously, stay hydrated. We will have a water station for you to rinse and refill. Just take your commemorative mug (which you get when you arrive), rinse it out and fill it up at a water station. And don’t forget to wear sunblock. Even if it is grey and cloudy. This is vital. Sunblock and water are soooooooo key!! It’s looking like clear skies and warm weather for both days with a slight chance of some scattered showers towards the very end of Sunday but hey that shouldn’t stop us! Even if it rains, we pour. Below is the weather forecast we pulled from The Weather Network: